Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Information, Scores, Status, Schedule
The Titans didn’t skip a beat under new head coach Jerry Hale, posting a 20-8 record and advancing to postseason play for the fourth straight 12 months. Sophomore ahead Anthony Roberts blossomed into an offensive force and gave an extended glimpse of issues to come back by averaging 22.4 points per recreation to guide the team. Roberts had averaged just 5.2 factors per outing in restricted action the 12 months before.
The National Invitation Tournament picked ORU as host four occasions . Mabee Center also yearly hosts the Oklahoma state highschool playoffs and the Oklahoma Coaches Association All-Star games. It was additionally the previous website of the NAIA National Basketball Championship. Mabee Center often performs host to various conventions, conferences, seminars, and special occasions such as the annual Miss Oklahoma pageant. In the previous, Mabee Center has hosted performers including Elvis Presley, Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Reba McEntire and Blue Man Group.
They lost to WAC regular season champion Nevada in the first spherical to finish the season 27–7. The Golden Eagles have appeared in eight National Invitation Tournaments . Cade Cunningham, Luka Garza and Gonzaga — which has three starters in the top headline the up to date rankings for March Madness.
- The finest defense in class historical past propelled the Golden Eagles to regular season wins over Tulsa and Oklahoma State.
- Visions of the ultimate-eight Titans of ten years earlier danced within the heads of the Titans as ORU advanced to the NCAA Tournament after winning the Midwestern Collegiate Conference postseason celebration with a choice over Xavier.
- The Golden Eagles themselves performed in the first NCAA event held right here in 1974.
- Junior guard Robert Jarvis sparked ORU’s offense off the bench, leading the nation’s reserves in scoring at sixteen.1 points per recreation on his way to Summit League Sixth Man of the Year.
- Cade Cunningham, Luka Garza and Gonzaga — which has three starters within the top headline the updated rankings for March Madness.
Seniors Moses Ehambe, Shawn King, Adam Liberty and Yemi Ogunoye guided ORU to a 24-9 general report and a 16-2 Summit League mark, which included a document thirteen-0 start. The finest defense in school history propelled the Golden Eagles to regular season wins over Tulsa and Oklahoma State. Head coach Scott Sutton was named Summit League Coach of the Year. Junior guard Robert Jarvis sparked ORU’s offense off the bench, main the nation’s reserves in scoring at 16.1 factors per sport on his method to Summit League Sixth Man of the Year.
Basketball, Usa: Oral Roberts Stay Scores, Results, Fixtures
Head coach Scott Sutton was honored as the NABC District 12 co-Coach of the Year, sharing the honour with his father, Oklahoma State’s Eddie Sutton. ORU picked up several impressive wins, most notably a defeat of Georgetown in the Hawaii Rainbow Classic, and an ESPN Bracket Buster win at Southwest Missouri State. The Golden Eagles handed Tulsa a record-setting defeat in the annual Mayor’s Cup recreation. With seniors Green and Tutt leading the best way, the Golden Eagles made historical past by changing into the first ORU team to succeed in consecutive NCAA Tournaments. Green, who grew to become the Mid-Continent Conference’s all-time leader in factors and rebounds, earned convention player of the 12 months for the third time and captured Mid-Con Tournament MVP honors.